Walking behavior

Discuss ideas about improving or modifying your mePed
Dudemeister

Walking behavior

Postby Dudemeister » Sun May 28, 2017 10:35 pm

Hi All,

I just finished putting together the MePed v2 which I bought this past weekend at the Bay Area Maker Fair. Everything seems to work OK, but I do have an issue.

Because of the current walking behavior, it's nearly impossible to have it walk even on any surface other than a smooth one. I put it on a very flat/shallow carpet and it still hangs its feet on it.

The problems is that it doesn't "pick up it's feet", rather it shuffles around . How can I program it so that it first lift the foot, pivots it, then puts it back down. That would be a nice routine to go along with the current way it "shuffles". I envision a slow walk where it moves each leg one at a time, lift/pivot/lower, then the next leg, etc. This kind of walk might also help it go over obstacles.

Dudemeister

Re: Walking behavior

Postby Dudemeister » Mon May 29, 2017 12:18 am

Well, it does actually lift its feet. Once I slowed it down, I noticed that it does actually lift it's feet before pivoting, but it still can't move on carpet. Even when slowed down to a crawl, it takes 1-2 steps, then it bogs, down, and resets.