Frozen at first also

billnoy51

Frozen at first also

Postby billnoy51 » Tue Dec 27, 2016 4:40 pm

I am in the same situation as bud44750 with respect to the lack of motion and a remote that seems not to work. I even tried reversing the IR sensor with no effect.The control board that I have has just one diode in place, and one jumper.
At one point, the controller was plugged in backwards for a short time, but unpowered.( if this may be causing issues how do I order another ?)
I read what was said about batteries ( off the shelf vs good rechargeables) and will try some higher capacity AA's
Are there other possible solutions ?

Thanks

spierce
Site Admin

Re: Frozen at first also

Postby spierce » Wed Dec 28, 2016 2:06 pm

Hi Billnoy51,

I'm sorry for the issues you're having!

Plugging the Arduino in backwards to the main board won't fry the Arduino unless you turn the power on to it. Since you never applied power while the Arduino was plugged in backwards, your Arduino should be fine.

Please see my recent response to Bud44750 found here:

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=1368

Please let me know if this helped or if you're still having issues.

Thanks,
Scott Pierce

billnoy51

Re: Frozen at first also

Postby billnoy51 » Wed Dec 28, 2016 10:46 pm

Hi Scott
I have been following the startup problems that both bud44750 and goerbear have been dealing with and taking your suggestions. Here is where I am.
1. I too have a servo that seems to be "jammed", but just one.
2. My remote also seems to not be working, ie, no lights flashing on the nano or the ir sensor ( the battery is properly seated and I also tried a fresh battery. Still no sign of life.
3. Related to the battery issue, my board has one diode and a jumper in place, and we replaced the single use AA's with fully charged 2500mw rechargeables.
Remember that I was concerned about having caused damage to the Nano by plugging it in backward, but it seems that all three of us on the forum are having similar problems.
I look forward to your thoughts.
Thanks
billnoy51